Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wisdom teeth??

I am having it done soon, *ugh* and I wanted to know what a dry socket is?? I've had teeth pulled before, just so you know!





Thank yous!

Wisdom teeth??
I am glad you asked.....


When you get your wisdom teeth removed the empty spaces will form blood clots. Blood clots are good! When you start drinking from straws, spit a lot, smoke- you can dislodge your blood clot. This is NOT an infection, it is just simply an very painful imflamation. Do your best to stay away from drinking through straws, spiting, smoking, even coughing a lot after you have your surgery and 2-3 days after. Nothing can be worse than a dry socket, it is very painful and not much will help relieve the pain. So take it easy for the next few day after and all should go well. Best to you!
Reply:First let me say the whole wisdom teeth thing wasn't that bad in my experience.





After your operation the doctor will give you a syringe to wash out the holes where your teeth used to be. It's a total pain but just do it! A dry socket is extremely painful and will require further medical attention.



pearl necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment